Friday, January 7, 2011

2011

Happy New Year! I know it was a week ago already, but I thought I should acknowledge the changing of the date . . . and share my reflections.

Looking back on 2010, it was a year of loss. My Grandma B died in April, we lost our baby in July, and in December my Grandpa VM went to be with the Lord. I rejoice knowing they have entered eternal worship in heaven, yet my heart is grieved again remembering the difficult months after losing our baby. Through loss there has been much healing and growth in faith, for which I am very thankful.

As we look ahead to 2011 we do not know what the Lord has in store for our family, yet we trust in Him and His will for our lives. It is my prayer that this year will bring more reminders of His sovereignty, His love and grace for us, and continued spiritual growth.

It is easy to start a new year with lots of goals and plans . . . I already have a list of projects for the first several months, I've been up early each morning this week to exercise and hope to maintain that healthy habit, I am trying out a few different printable planner pages to see what works best for me, and I started a new year of personal devotions (see box to right). As I commit my plans and goals to the Lord, I want to encourage you in your walk with Him in a new year . . .

Proverbs 3:6 "
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

No comments: