Monday, January 31, 2011

Simple Crafts

This past week I finished two of the crafts I've been thinking about for too long. The first is the advent calendar which will be ready to go when 12-1-11 comes along. I plan to fill the pockets with Bible readings about the Christmas story, fun activities to do as a family, and a few treats as well. The gold star has a paper clip on the back and we can move it each day to keep track of what day it is and how many days it is until Christmas.

The second it a menu board. I reused a picture frame, added some cute paper and the days of the week. The glass works with white board markers so each week I can update the meals easily and remember at a glance what we're eating and if I need to get anything out of the freezer.

I'm kind of excited!! I got to use my Cricut for both projects (I got several new cartridges for Christmas so I was anxious to use them--just the motivation I needed to complete these projects!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Martha! :-) Seriously, very cute stuff! And I want your shepherd's pie recipe, too.

Emily said...

Thanks, fun times :) The recipe is in the Buys cookbook, updates p22. Don't you want my leftovers recipe too !?!?