Friday, March 4, 2011

Picture this . . .

So the other day during lunch Briella leaned over to rest her head on my arm and say, "I love you mom."  As she leaned she let out a toot.  I reminded her to say "excuse me" and after she did, Gideon also repeated "scuse me."  Briella told Gideon he didn't need to say excuse me and I thought it doesn't hurt, he did just burp . . . then I looked over and Gideon is leaning to the left with his brows furrowed obviously trying to push out a fart of his own . . . He isn't even 2 and he already thinks these are worthy efforts?!?!

Probably a month ago as I was leaving in the van with the kids it was snowing.  I pulled the van out to the mailbox and jumped out to deposit my envelope.  When I got back inside Briella right away says, "Mom, you are SO tall,"  I was shocked, so I asked her what she had said and she repeated, "You are SO tall!"  I laughed, a lot.  I'm not sure if it was the snow that landed on her head that made her think I was tall or if her being in her seat looking out at me made me seem tall . . . but I assure you I have not added any inches to my 5' 2 3/4" for 20 years!

Last night I cut Gideon's hair you can see some pictures below . . . he doesn't like to see the scissors so he let out some worried moans as I put in him in the chair to be buckled.  His little mommy Brie was right there saying, "I'm right here Gideon, it's OK," as she patted his arm. She shared some books with him, showing him the pictures to keep him occupied as I went about the cutting.

Strolling innocently through our local grocery store I saw a dad and little girl about Brie's age.  Briella noticed them too and says to me, "Mens don't have earrings Mom."  UUmmm awkward . . . uuhhh . . . I finally whispered "It's OK, Briella, don't worry about it."  She was shaking her head this whole time, staring at the guy as I'm trying to turn so she can't see him (We were in the produce area, not easy to get out of sight!!).  I'm pretty sure as the blood rushed to my face and my eyes bugged out she repeated her rule again.

Since I try to keep the butt/toot stories to a 1 per post limit I will not include two other stories about Gideon.  You can enjoy this cute photos and tell me if he is cute enough to get by with so much gas . . .


 


 

No comments: